Plugin error from demux emp-paired

Dear Qiime2 masters,
I faced a problem during demultiplexing sequences as shown below:

I used Keemei to validate the sample-metadata sheet as attached:
ggTmCC - Sheet1 (1).tsv (4.9 KB)

Could you help me check how to solve the problem?
Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Agan

1 Like

I updated qiime2 to the latest verstion, 2018.4, and conducted the analysis from the raw sequencing data again. But it showed the same error when doing the demultiplexing:
Plugin error from demux:
Subject of type ‘float’ has no len()

Hope to know what caused the problem: the metadata-sheet, the raw sequencing data, or my computer?
Thanks!

agan

Hi @agan,

Glad to hear that you already updated to the newest version.

Anyway, at this stage I’m not sure what’s the source of the error, could you send us the content of the log file?

BTW, the filename of your metadata file in your command is different than the one you linked to this thread. Could you double check that you are using the same one?

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for your reply, Antonio!

The metadata-sheet is the same one. I just re-run the analysis, it showed the same error.
The content of the log file is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/agan/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.4/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py", line 274, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File "", line 2, in emp_paired
File "/Users/agan/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.4/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 231, in bound_callable
output_types, provenance)
File "/Users/agan/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.4/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 366, in callable_executor
output_views = self._callable(**view_args)
File "/Users/agan/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.4/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_demux/_demux.py", line 324, in emp_paired
barcodes, rev_comp_mapping_barcodes)
File "/Users/agan/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.4/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_demux/_demux.py", line 222, in _make_barcode_map
elif len(barcode) != barcode_len:
TypeError: object of type 'float' has no len()

Please find attached the screen shots and the metadata-sheet.

ggTmCC - Sheet1 (1).tsv (4.9 KB)

Thanks!

Ganyu

Hey @agan - I cracked open your attached metadata file, check it out:

at the very end are a handful of samples with no metadata - our (poorly worded) error is saying that you have a sample without a barcode in your metadata, which is exactly what is happening in this file. If you don't need those samples, delete them from your metadata file. If you do need them, you will need to figure out the barcode sequence for them. Make sense? Good luck! :t_rex:

EDIT: I opened a GH issue

1 Like

Thank you so much, Matthew!
I am sorry that I made this silly mistake.
Thanks for your and Antonio’s help.

Best regards,
Ganyu

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.