–p-trunc-len-f 0
–p-trunc-len-r 280
–p-trim-left-f 5
–p-trim-left-r 5
–o-representative-sequences rep-seqs.qza
–o-table table.qza

half an hour later:
Plugin error from quality-filter:

Argument to parameter ‘demux’ is not a subtype of SampleData[SequencesWithQuality].

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-gngaj7ze.log

log file:

Running external command line application(s). This may print messages to stdout and/or stderr.
The command(s) being run are below. These commands cannot be manually re-run as they will depend on temporary files that no longer exist.

Command: run_dada_paired.R /tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/forward /tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/reverse /tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/output.tsv.biom /tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/filt_f /tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/filt_r 0 280 5 5 2.0 2 consensus 1.0 1 1000000

R version 3.3.2 (2016-10-31)
Loading required package: Rcpp
There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first 50)
DADA2 R package version: 1.4.0

1. Filtering …
  2. Learning Error Rates
    Not all sequences were the same length.
    2a) Forward Reads
    Initializing error rates to maximum possible estimate.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.10/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_dada2/_denoise.py”, line 179, in denoise_paired
    run_commands([cmd])
    File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.10/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_dada2/_denoise.py”, line 35, in run_commands
    subprocess.run(cmd, check=True)
    File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.10/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py”, line 398, in run
    output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
    subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘run_dada_paired.R’, ‘/tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/forward’, ‘/tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/reverse’, ‘/tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/output.tsv.biom’, ‘/tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/filt_f’, ‘/tmp/tmpcmlklyrt/filt_r’, ‘0’, ‘280’, ‘5’, ‘5’, ‘2.0’, ‘2’, ‘consensus’, ‘1.0’, ‘1’, ‘1000000’]’ returned non-zero exit status -9

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.10/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 218, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File “”, line 2, in denoise_paired
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.10/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 220, in bound_callable
output_types, provenance)
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.10/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 355, in callable_executor
output_views = self._callable(**view_args)
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.10/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_dada2/_denoise.py”, line 194, in denoise_paired
" and stderr to learn more." % e.returncode)
Exception: An error was encountered while running DADA2 in R (return code -9), please inspect stdout and stderr to learn more.

I have try uninstall R of my windows env, and update R in VBox, it also didn’t work, can somebody help me? thank you in advance

Hey @Cheng50373640,

This must be from something else, you are running the dada2 plugin, not quality-filter. But your pasted log looks right thanks!

The -9 return code usually means your machine ran out of memory. This also matches what the log has, as it just kind of dies in the middle of setting up the next step.

Since it sounds like you are running VirtualBox, you should try increasing the available RAM (ideally give it as much as you can without making your host OS (I assume Windows in this case) too slow).

Let me know if that works, or if you need more help!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.