Picrust error message

Hi,
I am trying to run picrust in qiime2. When I tried to execute this command

metagenome_pipeline.py -i feature-table.biom -m marker_predicted_and_nsti.tsv.gz -f EC_predicted.tsv.gz -o EC_metagenome_out --strat_out

I am getting the following errors below. Can someone please help me resolve this error?

171 of 5569 ASVs were above the max NSTI cut-off of 2.0 and were removed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/owner/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/bin/metagenome_pipeline.py", line 122, in
main()
File "/home/owner/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/bin/metagenome_pipeline.py", line 104, in main
skip_norm=args.skip_norm)
File "/home/owner/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/picrust2/metagenome_pipeline.py", line 68, in run_metagenome_pipeline
pred_marker)
File "/home/owner/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/picrust2/util.py", line 358, in three_df_index_overlap_sort
"input files.")
ValueError: No sequence ids overlap between all three of the input files.

Hi @aneupane,
Welcome to the QIIME 2 forum!

I have moved your question to the “Other Bioinformatics Tools” category because it does not look like you are running q2-picrust2, the QIIME 2 plugin of picrust2.

It looks like picrust2 has its own FAQs page that covers your question: https://github.com/picrust/picrust2/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#how-do-i-troubleshoot-valueerror-no-sequence-ids-overlap-between-all-three-of-the-input-files

Good luck!

1 Like