Paired End Reads in QIIME2 - import and barcodes

Hi,
I am using QIIME2 (downloaded through conda: using terminal on Mac. I have already completed the Moving Pictures Tutorial for SingleEnd Seq.
My R1 and R2 reads are in a folder called 'slurmdownload' which is a folder under the bpa ID of the project that I am working on. I am unable to use this command:
(qiime2-amplicon-2023.9) Ashois-MacBook-Pro-2:slurmdownload captain$ qiime tools import \ --type EMPPairedEndSequences \ --input-path slurmdownload \ --output-path slurmdownload.qza

and my error is: There were some problems with the command:
(1/4) Missing option '--type'.
(2/4) Missing option '--input-path'.
(3/4) Missing option '--output-path'.
(4/4) Got unexpected extra arguments ( --type EMPPairedEndSequences --input-
path slurmdownload --output-path slurmdownload.qza)

I have tried this from both, my slurmdownload directory and from my other directory bpa that has the sample data, etc. as well.

Sorry I am very new to the world of coding and while I understand genomics and sequencing thoroughly i am finding this step very difficult.

Hi @Ashoi_Dantra,

I think your issue is with the \ in your command.
\ are used to escape characters that we dont want in our command. They allow us to format commands on multiple lines, by escaping the enter character that the command line interprets as "run the command". This enables use to write the command like:

qiime tools import
--type EMPPairedEndSequences \
--input-path slurmdownload \
--output-path slurmdownload.qza

or with our the slashes we can write it like:

qiime tools import --type EMPPairedEndSequences --input-path slurmdownload --output-path slurmdownload.qza

I hope that helps!