"ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘qiime2’ "

Hi everyone,
I am trying to use qiime demux summarize to generate .qza files. I have activated qiime2 at the beginning, and follow the instruction, however, I got the error and didn’t generate any .qza artifacts. The error is "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘qiime2’ "
Does anyone have a clue of this issue?
plus,my systerm is macOS 12.6.1,if this info is useful.

Millions of thanks,
June

Hi June,

Welcome to the forums! :qiime2:

Looks like there is an issue with you Qiime2 installation. Could you provide more information on how you installed Qiime2 and what version you are using?

It is! Is this one of the new M1 or M2 macs, or one of the Intel macs? :apple:

Hello!

Thank you very much for your response! I installed qiime2-2023.2 through the official website of Qiime2, after building the Miniconda environment. I was able to successfully start Qiime and get a response when running the "qiime --help" command. However, when trying to run other analysis commands, I encountered some problems. Just for your information, I am using a Mac M2 chip.
截屏2023-05-09 19.56.33|642x132
Thank you again for your response!

Best regards,
June

1 Like

Hello!
I would like to add a screenshot to better illustrate my problem. Additionally, I encountered an issue where the prefix changed after reinstalling Miniconda and Qiime2. Thank you again for your help!

Best regards,

June

1 Like

@npj06,

Have you tried following the MacOS(Apple Silicone) install instructions yet? They should work for M2 Macs. If these did not work for you please let us(the developers) know so that we see if there is some issue that we need to resolve.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I followed the installation steps for MacOS on the qiime2 official website, but after reinstalling, there was a prefix name inconsistency issue. I have attached a screenshot for comparison. I have tried many solutions, such as reinstalling miniconda and qiime2, upgrading my computer system, etc., but none of these methods have been successful. Perhaps my conda environment does not match with qiime2 or there may be other reasons why qiime2 cannot find the correct file path during operation. This is just my speculation, and I am looking forward to your reply and assistance.

Best regards,
June

@npj06,

Did you run conda init as part of the installation of Conda? Could you post the output of conda info and echo $PATH?

I would like to express my gratitude for your prompt response to my inquiry. As per your recommendation, I have run the two commands that you provided and I am pleased to inform you that the results match what I was expecting.

I have attached a screenshot of the output for your reference, as shown in the picture. Please let me know if you require any further information on this matter.

Once again, thank you for your kind assistance and prompt response.

Best regards,
June

1 Like

I am writing to provide additional information regarding our previous communication about the issue I have been facing with Qiime2. As mentioned earlier, my Qiime2 is able to recognize invalid command instructions but is unable to run valid ones. I have attached a screenshot for your reference, which illustrates this issue.

I hope this additional information will help you in better understanding the problem I am facing. Please let me know if you require any further information or assistance on this matter.

Thanks for your reply,I am using a MacBook with an M2 chip.

2 Likes

@npj06,

Hmmm, I am not exactly sure what is going on here I will have to talk with some of the other devs and I will get back to you as soon as we figure something out :grimacing:

Hello @npj06,

Can you run these exact commands in order, in your terminal?

conda deactivate
conda env remove -n qiime2-2023.2
wget https://data.qiime2.org/distro/core/qiime2-2023.2-py38-osx-conda.yml
CONDA_SUBDIR=osx-64 conda env create -n qiime2-2023.2 --file qiime2-2023.2-py38-osx-conda.yml
conda activate qiime2-2023.2
conda config --env --set subdir osx-64
rm qiime2-2023.2-py38-osx-conda.yml

Please note that you have to enter each of these lines separately, each followed by hitting enter.

Then try the qiime metadata tabulate / qiime demux summarize commands again.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your response. With these instructions, I was able to successfully resolve the issue I encountered, and everything is running smoothly now! Thank you once again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.