CZI-CABANA Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 Workshop (our first-ever online QIIME 2 workshop!)

This course will be a great opportunity for me. I am going to do my Master’s Dissertation Project and the laboratory is mainly using this tool. Hopefull to learn as much as I can to do my project work.

1 Like

Great news, thank you very much

1 Like

Hi @PCharoentong!

Probably not in any specific manner - the techniques and discussions planned are mostly focused on downstream analysis, and should be generally applicable to many technologies and sequencing techniques.

Hi @Shakuntla_Gondalia, please see the discussion above, this question has been addressed a few times. Thanks!

Hi @Mukil, I don't think we will have time to cover shotgun metagenomic analyses in this course, although I could certainly see it as a possibility in the near future, as part of our work outlined here:

Thanks!

1 Like

Thankyou for your reply @thermokarst :slight_smile:

I am very excited! It will be the first time I am attending this course. :grinning:

Hi,

I was wondering if you could please let me know when the registration is open?

Thanks

Hi @Barandouzi! Please see the announcement at the top of this page for all of the details.

Hi,

I am wondering if qiime can process sequences generated from PacBio technology (long reads). Until 2019, that was not available in qiime, but I watched recent Pacbio videos where they pointed to qiime for analysis of the microbiome reads. If yes, will this workshop cover this section?

Cheers

1 Like

I cant wait for this online course :slightly_smiling_face: this type, of course, will definitely boost the future research outcomes in the field of microbiology and biotechnology. thanks, QIIME 2 organizing team to conduct this type of course.

Hi @thermokarst
Thank you, It will be a great workshop.
Waiting for the registration link

Hi @Eman,

There has been a lot of discussion on this forum about analyzing PacBio sequences with QIIME 2, you should search the archives to learn more. Further discussion is off-topic for this announcement and you could open a separate topic if you have specific questions after reading the archives.

The program has limited time available, so there is probably not enough time to discussing individual sequencing technologies. The program will focus primarily on downstream analysis (which is equally applicable to PacBio, Illumina, etc) and the sections covering importing and denoising/dereplicating will most likely use Illumina data.

1 Like

@thermokarst i requested registration fee to [email protected] waiting for reply (waiver amound) and please share the registration link.

Hello,

I would like to thank all the organizer of the workshop. I cannot find a link for payment. How can I pay?
Best,
Armin

Hello,

Is registration open? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Zahra

Hi,

Thank you so much for this amazing idea. I wonder if it is possible to record the workshop and provide it at the same cost as many of us will be working at the time of this workshop.

Best,

Hello,

I was wondering if you could please provide the registration link. I just check the website everyday and please let me know if the registration is open.

Thanks,
Zahra