Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2, January 8-10 2020, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA

Hi @l.brian.patrick! We don’t yet have a version of the course schedule ready to share, but we will update this post once we do. Thanks!

Would there be a certificate of attendance?

Thanks!
Miriam

1 Like

Yes! Certificates of attendance are available upon request.

4 Likes

The early bird rate deadline has been moved to 2019-09-15T04:00:00Z — tickets will be available at the full rate on and after 2019-09-16T04:00:00Z. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. As always, if you have any questions please send them our way!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 Workshop, June 12-14 2019, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark

Are there scholarships to attend this workshop.

4 Likes

As someone who’s been to these before, I highly recommend going there, it’s really helped me understand a lot of the QIIME2 pipeline/flow.

Also, Bethesda is very easily reached out of DC (45 minute subway ride out of Union Station). You just have to deal with the notorious DC subway.

Ben

6 Likes

Hi @sarudzai!

Not to my knowledge. Please note, this workshop is being hosted by the US National Institutes of Health (NIH). They do offer several pricing options, please see their page for more details:

https://faes.org/BIOF089.jan20

Hope to see you there!

1 Like

It’s good opportunity to grab.
I am interested to attend it. But, funding support is must to pay for visa, air ticket, registration fees, food and accommodation.
Are there any sponsorship available or any institution which can these expenses.

1 Like

Hi @Bhagwan! I will share the same thing I said to @sarudzai, above:

I am not aware of any sponsorships or institutions willing to cover your expenses, but this is something we hope to offer at future workshops.

2 Likes

Dear Matthew,
Thank you for sharing discussion with sarudzai.
Looking forward to be one of the attendee in your workshop.

Cheers!

Bhagwan

3 Likes

What level of background knowledge in bioinformatics is expected of participants who want to attend this workshop? I am just starting to get familiar with bioinformatics and am not very familiar with the terminologies or confused about many of the terms. Would you suggest gaining some basic knowledge before attending this workshop?

3 Likes

When I took it I was pretty proficient in QIIME1, the conference does a very good job in explaining in a step-wise fashion what QIIME2 can do. It is geared toward people with a little knowledge in how these things work conceptually and with a little command line/terminal background. Ben

4 Likes

Is there any webinar service available to just listen the lectures if possible?

Thanks
Krunal

3 Likes

Hi @Kpatel, not at this time. We have thought about creating a web-based course, but it is still just a dream. Hope to see you in Maryland!

3 Likes

For those of us who are coming out of town, assuming the first day, 1/8, we would start early in the morning we should travel the 7th and book the hotel from the 7th through the 10th? It looks like the last day is not a full day based on the tentative schedule. thank you
Fernando

1 Like

On the contrary, the 3rd day is usually fully scheduled, but the schedule is TBA to provide some flexibility. The 3rd day usually consists of hands-on analysis and breakout sessions on specific topics in microbiome analysis.

If you plan to depart on the 10th, I recommend leaving after the closing session if possible to make sure you get the most out of the third day of the workshop.

And yes the workshop begins early (8:30 AM) on Jan 8th and security clearance on NIH campus takes some time so if you are coming from out of town definitely arrive the night before.