metric must be a valid metadata or feature table column

Hello, I’m analysing data for the longitudinal and paired sample comparisons with q2-longitudinal I have got an error I wonder if anyone explain What does mean (Plugin error from longitudinal: metric must be a valid metadata or feature table column). Also I found difficult to convert FeatureTable[Frequency] to FeatureTable[RelativeFrequency] and hope anyone help.

Thanks in advance

Khalid

Hi @Khalid_Ibrahim,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum!

The error is telling you that the --p-metric column must either be a column in your metadata file or from your feature table. So, a metadata column could be your metadata, or you could pass in alpha diversity and use, for instance, `observed_features as your column. It's really hard for us to help you further if we don't know the commands or the full error traceback.

As far as feature table conversion goes, have you looked at the options in the q2-feature-table plugin? I tend to find the docs for the plugin super helpful when I'm trying to navigate new things. Keep in mind the tutorials don't cover everything, and so its always worth checking the docs.

Best,
Justine

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.