Metadata needs a tleast one ID error while Demuxing

I am trying to run my demux on my metadata and I've been running into this error all week.

Plugin error from demux:

Metadata must contain at least one ID.

Here is my code for the demux:
#!/bin/bash

----------------SLURM Parameters----------------

#SBATCH -p normal
#SBATCH -n 1
#SBATCH --mem=72g
#SBATCH -N 1
#SBATCH [email protected]
#SBATCH --mail-type BEGIN,END,FAIL
#SBATCH -J Soildemux.sh
#SBATCH -D /home/labs/holscher_lab/marina/Soil
#SBATCH --time=240

----------------Module load----------------------

module load QIIME2/2019.4

----------------Commands------------------------

qiime demux emp-single
--i-seqs emp-single-end-sequencesV4.qza
--m-barcodes-file SoilMetadata.txt
--m-barcodes-column BarcodeSequence
--p-no-golay-error-correction
--o-per-sample-sequences soildemux.qza
--o-error-correction-details soildemux-details.qza

And here is my metadata. Ive changed the same for the sampleID many times and it never goes through. Ive done it with and without the #

Soil Metadata.txt (589 Bytes)

Thanks!

Hi @Marinab2! Sorry to hear things aren’t working. Can you please provide either the entire error log, or, re-run the command with the --verbose flag? I don’t think the error above is referring to your input metadata, but rather, some metadata about the demuxing stats that are being created for output (this is just my theory at the moment).

Here is the verbose error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 311, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File “</home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/decorator.py:decorator-gen-429>”, line 2, in emp_single
File “/home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 231, in bound_callable
output_types, provenance)
File “/home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 393, in callable_executor
spec.qiime_type, output_view, spec.view_type, prov)
File “/home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/result.py”, line 265, in _from_view
result = transformation(view)
File “/home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/core/transform.py”, line 70, in transformation
new_view = transformer(view)
File “/home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/core/transform.py”, line 220, in wrapped
file_view = transformer(view)
File “/home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2_demux/_transformer.py”, line 123, in _8
Metadata(data).save(str(ff))
File “/home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/metadata/metadata.py”, line 362, in init
super().init(dataframe.index)
File “/home/apps/software/QIIME2/2019.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/metadata/metadata.py”, line 93, in init
“%s must contain at least one ID.” % self.class.name)
ValueError: Metadata must contain at least one ID.

Plugin error from demux:

Metadata must contain at least one ID.

Hi @Marinab2 - what version of q2-demux are you running? I suspect you are on 2019.4.0, which had a small bug that caused this issue in it (this was fixed in 2019.4.1).

# activate your conda env, if necessary
conda list q2-demux

If the “version” column doesn’t say 2019.4.1, you will want to remove the conda env, and follow the installation instructions again. Thanks!