Metadata for beta-diversity analysis?

Hi,
Thanks for the quick responses for the questions on Qiime2. I really appreciate it.

I have followed tutorials in "Moving Pictures", and came up to beta-diversity analysis.
I would like to analysis with bray_curtis_distance_matrix, but it comes with an error "Invalid value for '--i-distance-matrix': Expected an artifact of at least type DistanceMatrix. An artifact of type PCoAResults was provided.".

This is my metadata file.metadata.tsv (292 Bytes)

Thanking for your advises.

Hi @Zentoo
looks like you are trying to provide

PCoA file instead of

distance matrix file.
Just indicate a right path to the distance matrix file as an input for '--i-distance-matrix'.

1 Like

Thanks for the advise!
But I was expecting to have a PCoA plots.
I found qiime emperor plot command, and obtained below error message saying all values in a custom axis must be numeric. My metadata contains only sample ID and stations which are listed as St. 1, St. 2, and so on. In this case, how do I conduct this analysis?

It is hard to guess, since you did not provide the commands you are running.
So far I can suggest to remove --p-custom-axes parameter if you provided it. If error still persist, please provide a screenshot of the command with error so it would be easier to understand what is going on there.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.