Metadata error - qiime2 2018.6

Hi,

When I run the qiime feature-table summarize command I get an error regarding my metadata file:

(qiime2-2018.6) lec49@bspc-laptop-013:~/Cleaner_Fish_Microbiome/16S_Run1/qiime_analysis$ qiime feature-table summarize --i-table table-dada2.qza --o-visualization table.qzv --m-sample-metadata-file metadata.csv
There was an issue with loading the file metadata.csv as metadata:

Found unrecognized ID column name 'sample-id,species,tissue-type,fish-size,gut-section' while searching for header. The first column name in the header defines the ID column, and must be one of these values:

Case-insensitive: 'feature id', 'feature-id', 'featureid', 'id', 'sample id', 'sample-id', 'sampleid'

Case-sensitive: '#OTU ID', '#OTUID', '#Sample ID', '#SampleID', 'sample_name'

There may be more errors present in the metadata file. To get a full report, sample/feature metadata files can be validated with Keemei: https://keemei.qiime2.org

Find details on QIIME 2 metadata requirements here: Metadata in QIIME 2 — QIIME 2 2018.6.0 documentation

I understand what the error is saying however my metadata file is formatted correctly, I have checked it using keemi with no problems reported and the header of the first column in 'sample-id'. The metadata file is attached.

Am I missing something?

metadata.csv (4.5 KB)

Hey there @lec49 --- thanks for sharing your metadata - the reason this is failing is because you are providing a CSV, not a TSV to QIIME 2. Check out the Metadata Guide for more info. TLDR; save this file as TSV and you should be golden.

:t_rex: :qiime2:

1 Like

Thank-you for your reply.
I converted the file to a TSV file and it is now working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.