Merge classifier for multiple kingdom classification

Hi,
I would like to merge three classifiers (Bacteria, Archaea and Protozoa) that have been generated using qiime feature-classifier fit-classifier-naive-bayes. I am aware that I could just merge the sequence and taxonomic file before training but all I have now is the trained clssifier (.qza) file. Any help in this will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi @kumars ,
It is not possible to combine three classifiers. These classifiers consist of machine learning models that were trained on reference datasets; it is not possible to simply merge the models, you must proceed as you stated here:

Good luck!

Thanks @Nicholas_Bokulich.
Actually, I have pooled sequencing reads of bacteria, archaea and protozoa which I would like to analyse together. So I thought, I could just use combine taxonomy for assignment to keep things together even though I will lose the option of training primer specific regions as a target.
My idea is now to import the combined sequence and taxonomic file in qiime2 and conduct qiime feature-classifier classify-consensus-blast which I assume is similar to Qiime1 assign_taxonomy.py --blast_db option?

Any suggestion on this?

Thanks

Just to add in..
I followed the approach stated above and qiime feature-classifier classify-consensus-blast seems to be working well.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.