Machine Learning Classifiers Error

Hi All,

I am currently using QIIME2 2019.7. I am trying to run machine learning classifiers to predict sample characteristics. I keep receiving an error that I am not sure how to decipher. I have listed the command I used and the error message below. I have already ensured that I do not have any blanks in my metadata file. Please let me know if you know how to interpret this error.

The command I am trying to run is:

qiime sample-classifier classify-samples --i-table female_2018and2019_level6_cecum_collapsed.qza --m-metadata-file sherc2018and2019_cecum_mapping.tsv --m-metadata-column treatment --p-n-jobs 1 --output-dir sample_classifier_cecum_level6

The error I am receiving is:

Plugin error from sample-classifier:

Found input variables with inconsistent numbers of samples: [180, 220]

Thanks,
Sierra

3 Likes

Hello Sierra,

Welcome to the forums! :qiime2:

I've never had this error before, but it looks like it's related to this bug that was discovered. :bug:

Would you be willing to post your mapping file so we can see if it matches that bug report?

Colin

Hey @Sierra_Jaramillo, I don’t think we need the metadata to verify this, but if you want to install a development version of QIIME 2 to verify this works, check out the Quickstart.

A better long-term approach is to wait for for 2019.10, which should come out in the next few days.

2 Likes