Issue installing qiime2 2022.2 on mac with 'FoundConflicts!' error

Hi there,

I've had an issue installing the latest version of qiime2 (2022.2) onto macOS. I've used the conda install method and tried this on two devices with the same error. Both miniconda (v4.11.0) and Python (3.9.7) are updated to the latest versions.

After running the command:
conda env create -n qiime2-2022.2 --file qiime2-2022.2-py38-osx-conda.yml

I get the following error message:
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment:
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes. Press CTRL-C to abort.
failed -
Solving environment:
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes. Press CTRL-C to abort.
Examining conflict for q2-longitudinal q2-fragment-insertion q2-demux q2-types dill q2-gneiss q2-composition q2-vsearch q2-deblur q2-metadata q2cli q2-cutadapt q2| l

A similar issue was posted back in 2020, which appeared to be that the environment files needed to be rebuilt due to some package shuffling (Instalation qiime 2020.11 Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages - #9 by PatoUru).

Thanks!

An off-topic reply has been split into a new topic: 'FoundConflicts!' error when installing qiime2 on Mac

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.

Hi @tperry,

Thanks for reaching out! This is an issue we are working to resolve today - I'll follow up with you once that's taken care of, and have you try doing a fresh install to confirm things are working on your end. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Hey @tperry,

We think we fixed the issue. You should be able to delete the old environment file (qiime2-2022.2-py38-osx-conda.yml) and download it again using the regular instructions.

And good sleuthing on the solution, that is exactly what we did :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.