Installation issues for qiime2-2022.11 on HPC server

Hello,

I am having trouble installing qiime2-2022.11 on hpc server.
I made sure that conda is updated and also numpy. I was following the qiime installation instructions for linux. It doesn't show any issues while installing, but after the installation it gives me the following error:

conda activate qiime2-2022.11

QIIME is caching your current deployment for improved performance. This may take a few moments and should only happen once per deployment.

Illegal instruction

qiime --help
QIIME is caching your current deployment for improved performance. This may take a few moments and should only happen once per deployment.
Illegal instruction

I have also tried creating an environment and then trying to install the qiime but it gives the similar error.
It would be really great if I can get some help solving this.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @aatmika,

This sounds similar to a few others who are having this issue, which makes me think there's something up.

@ataqdog had I believe the same issue for this version as well.

I don't really know where to start, so my recommendation would be to run the steps from this post:

In particular the linked script will load each plugin in order to figure out what's causing the illegal instruction. You should be able to run it in the broken environment, even if q2cli isn't working.

2 Likes

An off-topic reply has been split into a new topic: issue installing QIIME 2 2022.11 on HPC server

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.

An off-topic reply has been split into a new topic: install issue for 2023.2 on HPC

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.