Installation Error QIIME 2 Studio

Helloo

I'm having some problems starting qiime 2 studio. I followed the doc (QIIME 2 Studio (q2studio) — QIIME 2 2022.2.0 documentation) but at the end it gives an error message .

im using QIIME 2 Core - 2022.2 (1654113933) VM.

Hi @Rendrick27,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum!

I tested out the installation on my end within a conda environment containing the 2022.2 QIIME 2 release, and didn't run into any issues - so there may be something else going on with your installation that's causing this issue.

I'd recommend starting with a fresh install of QIIME 2 (just creating a new conda environment with the QIIME 2 2022.2 release) and try going through the q2studio install instructions once more. Here's what I'd do, step by step:

conda deactivate

This will deactivate your current conda environment. Then follow the install instructions for the latest QIIME 2 release, which you can find here. Make sure your new environment is activated before moving forward with the q2studio install instructions.

Finally, before running the q2studio install instructions, make sure you have Node.js >= 5 installed. If needed, install instructions for Node.js can be found here.

Now that all of the prerequisite dependencies have been installed, you can follow the q2studio install instructions (as you did before), which can be found here for your reference.

With all of that being said, q2studio is not one of our fully maintained/supported interfaces in QIIME 2 - we offer minimal support for any bugs or missing functionality, and will be removing it from our public user documentation in the near future. I'd highly recommend checking out q2cli or q2galaxy for a fully developed QIIME 2 interface.

Hope this helps!

Cheers :lizard:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.