Installation Error-QIIME 2 Studio (q2studio)

Error after running "npm install && npm run build"

Please share the entire log - the error message indicates the the npm install step did not complete successfully.

:qiime2:

Installed nodejs and npm by the following protocol:

wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.36.0/install.sh | bash
nvm install node
This command started download of latest nodejs (v15.3.0) but, then it resulted in error:

node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.16' not found (required by node) node: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.17’ not found (required by node)

SO, then installed old version of nodejs and npm by the command

nvm install v9.3.0

this installed nodejs v9.3.0 and npm v5.5.1.

Finally follwed the protocol https://docs.qiime2.org/2020.8/interfaces/q2studio/

Thanks @Rezwana, that is helpful, but I was actually looking for the rest of the output from when you ran those commands - the screenshot you shared in the initial post is clipped, and doesn't show us the first lines of the command output, which could be pretty helpful.

A broader question though, I just noticed, you appear to be using a very old QIIME 1 virtual machine. If you install a QIIME 2 virtual machine, QIIME 2 Studio will be installed for you, automatically. Also, QIIME 1 and QIIME 2 are not compatible, and are completely different software projects (that happen to share a name).

Yeah, i was initially using qiime1 but, then i natively installed qiime2 within conda environment. Is this natively installed qiime2 at par with the qiime2 installed through VirtualBox?

Attaching the full command output herewith.

Thanks for sharing the details here, @Rezwana!

It looks like the npm install portion of the command is failing. Let's start by removing the entire node_modules directory, and then running npm install again:

cd /home/qiime/q2studio-2020.8.0
rm -rf node_modules
npm install
npm build

One thing to keep in mind is that the OS you are running here is ancient, and it is quite possible that you won't be able to install these packages on this VM, because of version incompatibilities. My suggestion to you is to install and run a QIIME 2 VM, alongside your QIIME 1 VM. That is one of the major features of VMs - you can have many, running alongside each other, with no significant interaction. If you mount a folder from your host machine into each VM, then the files will automatically be available between the two VMs, no synchronization necessary.

1 Like

Installed qiime2 studio successfully only after i upgraded qiime2 from qiime2-2020.8 to qiime2-2020.11.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.