Import errors -- a path problem (?) and when attempting to be very specific, I get an extra argument error

Greetings,
I see that this is a similar issue to what others have experienced but as I've modified my code per those suggestions, and am still encountering errors, I thought I'd reach out. Version is: q2cli version 2023.5.0

I have some 16S metabarcoding reads. The Forward and Reverse reads are all in this path.
/project/aviandisease23/allmicrobiome/2018/reads

I have run the following code from both within the reads/ directory and a the same level (i.e., 2018/ directory while changing paths). I've also run the code with no path direction (i.e., either with nothing or with /). I variously get similar errors. Here's my latest error message:

There were some problems with the command:
(1/2) Missing option '--input-path'.
(2/2) Got unexpected extra argument
(/project/aviandisease23/allmicrobiome/2018/reads/manifest2.csv)

This is the code that I am running from within the 2018/reads/ directory.
qiime tools import --type 'SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]' --input-path /manifest2.csv --output-path demux --input-format PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33V2

Alternately, I've run this code:
qiime tools import --type 'SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]' --input-path /project/aviandisease23/allmicrobiome/2018/reads/manifest2.csv --output-path demux --input-format PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33V2

Thanks for any help! Eric

Hi @EricCAtkinson,
Welcome to the forum! Can you please rerun your code and add the --verbose flag? then send a screenshot of the error message, this will help me get started helping you.
-Hannah

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.