I have a problem about importing data to qiime2. I need some help

(qiime2-2017.11) [email protected]:~/CleanData/16S/20171220_LC_18S_1-1_2-1_Hiseq250_CleanData/iu-filter-clean-data$ qiime tools import
–type ‘FeatureData[Sequence]’
–input-path s18S-1-1-QUALITY_PASSED_R2.fastq
–output-path s18S-1-1-QUALITY_PASSED_R2.qza

There was a problem importing s18S-1-1-QUALITY_PASSED_R2.fastq:
s18S-1-1-QUALITY_PASSED_R2.fastq is not a(n) DNAFASTAFormat file

above are my problems. My sequencing reads are from HiseqPE250. s18S-1-1-QUALITY_PASSED_R2 is single sequences which cantains 30 samples. Each sample has its barcode. I do not know the semantic type of s18S-1-1-QUALITY_PASSED_R2.fastq .

Thanks

Hi @liucong,
Please see the data importing tutorials for examples. You are attempting to import a fastq file to a format associated with fasta data, and should be importing to a different type, probably SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality] (if you have paired-end data).

There are a number of different fastq import schemes that depend on how your data were prepared — but in general the individual fastq files are gzipped (extension .gz) and placed in a single directory. That whole directory is imported, rather than the individual file. For example, see the instructions for importing EMP paired-end sequences.

I hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.