How to identify the features included in a taxon after classification

Hi,

I followed the qiime2 commands to taxonomically affiliate seqs of marker gene (dsrB, herein) and finally obtained the phylogenetic composition via taxonomy barplots as shown below.

Q1: how do i know which features are included in a taxon, for example within the majority unidentified bacteria; ; ; ; ; ...

Q2: could i see a phylogeny used for this classification?

Best regards,

Hee-Sung

Hello!
You can find such information in the taxonomy.qza file. One way is to visualize it as a .qzv file and open it in the browser or you can export it as a .tsv file and check it there.

For the phylogeny, I think, you will need to manipulate it outside of the qiime2 (or I didn't catch your question).

Best,

Hi @baehsung,

There is no phylogeny associated with taxonomy assignment. Quite often phylogeny and taxonomy do not match one other. If you'd like to make a phylogeny please see the Phylogenetic inference tutorial.

-Mike

Thanks both of you for kind replies,

Hope that qiime develop a plugin to make a beautiful phylogenetic tree in future.

Best regards,

HS

Consider EMPress :palm_tree:

It may not be the best looking tree, but it's information dense, available in qiime2 right now, and comes with a great tutorial!

Example EMPress plot

1 Like

thanks Colin, i will take look at it. HS

@baehsung, checkout out our latest phylogenetics video, by yours truly. The later part of the video (at ~9 minutes and 22 seconds) provides a simple example on how to use empress.

-Enjoy!
-Mike

empress +1
I am using empress to output my beta-diversity plot. You can search the position in the plot of the ASVs you are interested in by ASV ID.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.