How to convert .qzv file to .csv or .txt

Hi!

I wanted to get the actual values that are generated to create the shannon_vector.qzv file. How do I convert a qzv file to a .txt or .csv so I can pull up the numbers on excel

Thanks!

Kim

2 Likes

Good morning Kim,

Great question!

The Qiime 2 files like .qza and .qzv are just .zip archives. So to open one up, you can simply rename it as a .zip file, then extract it.

mv shannon_vector.qzv shannon_vector.zip
unzip shannon_vector.zip

Of course, you could also rename it in the folder and simply double-click to extract. That’s probably easier than the command line :slight_smile:

Once you have extracted it, you can open up the folder and find the Shannon vectors inside.

Let me know if this helps,
Colin

2 Likes

Hi @kim,
Just to add to @colinbrislawn solutions (Thanks Colin!) you can also export artifacts from q2 using the export and extract commands. You can see the tutorials for these here. Also, if you are looking for just the shannon_vector values you want to extract the shannon_vector.qza instead of the shannon_vector.qzv which will be holding more pertinent information regarding the visualization whereas the .qza will have the raw data.

3 Likes

Just to add to this: you do not need to mv (rename) the file extension in order to unzip. Just do this:

unzip shannon_vector.qza
1 Like

Thank you both so much! Such an basic question but I could not find the answer anywhere, thanks!!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.