How to compare diversity of absolute assemblages

taxonomy

(Tara) #1

Hello,
first I have to say I don‘t have much knowledge in bioinformatics, I am (as a Geoinformatic student) trying to apply Hill Numbers on some point data.
say I have two communities : comm A and comm B with their true relative abundances and true assemblage size. Community A has in total 168 points and Community B has 300 points. Now I want to compare the diversity of both communities through Hill numbers (Hill0, Hill1, Hill2). How can I compare community A with B ? Do I have to standardize comm A and B to a standardized sample size? I read something about coverage-based samples? Can I apply the coverage estimator of Good and Turing (1-f1/n)on my data sets?

(Nicholas Bokulich) #2

Hi @Tara,
I have recategorized your post as “other bioinformatics tools” because this question does not actually pertain to QIIME 2 — we don’t have any analyses that generate hill numbers! — but may be of interest to QIIME forum users more generally, and other forum users may have an answer for you.

(system) #3

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.