How to compare diversity of absolute assemblages

Hello,
first I have to say I don‘t have much knowledge in bioinformatics, I am (as a Geoinformatic student) trying to apply Hill Numbers on some point data.
say I have two communities : comm A and comm B with their true relative abundances and true assemblage size. Community A has in total 168 points and Community B has 300 points. Now I want to compare the diversity of both communities through Hill numbers (Hill0, Hill1, Hill2). How can I compare community A with B ? Do I have to standardize comm A and B to a standardized sample size? I read something about coverage-based samples? Can I apply the coverage estimator of Good and Turing (1-f1/n)on my data sets?

Hi @Tara,
I have recategorized your post as “other bioinformatics tools” because this question does not actually pertain to QIIME 2 — we don’t have any analyses that generate hill numbers! — but may be of interest to QIIME forum users more generally, and other forum users may have an answer for you.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.