gg classifier error

Hi,
I need help with following:
For taxanomy analysis, I first downloaded the green gene classifier using following command:
wget
https://data.qiime2.org/2019.4/common/gg-13-8-99-515-806-nb-classifier.qza

Then for taxanomic analysis I used following command
qiime feature-classifier classify-sklearn
--i-classifier gg-13-8-99-515-806-nb-classifier.qza
--i-reads rep-seqs-dada2.qza
--o-classification taxonomy.qza

For the above command, i got this error message:
Plugin error from feature-classifier:

The scikit-learn version (0.19.1) used to generate this artifact does not match the current version of scikit-learn installed (0.24.1). Please retrain your classifier for your current deployment to prevent data-corruption errors.

Debug info has been saved to /var/folders/27/ltr59xhn1pjc26fsrpwrdrrm0000gp/T/qiime2-q2cli-err-lihbvm9p.log

Can someone help me resolve this?

Thank you!

Hello!
As it is written in the error message, scikit-learn versions are different.
On the resource page, from which you downloaded classifier, on the left upper part of the screen choose version of Qiime2 currently installed on your machine and download corresponding version of the classifier.

Thank you so much for your feedback. This was silly mistake on my end. I just checked, i had the wrong version. I will get the right one.

Hi, I used Data resources — QIIME 2 2022.2.0 documentation and downloaded the green genes classifier for my lastest qiime2-2022.2 version, I even updated the scikit-learn version. I am still getting the error message pasted below:
lugin error from feature-classifier:

The scikit-learn version (0.24.1) used to generate this artifact does not match the current version of scikit-learn installed (1.0.2). Please retrain your classifier for your current deployment to prevent data-corruption errors.

What is it that I am doing wrong?

Did you get the same error with the last classifier before updating scikit-learn version in Qiime2 - 2022.2?
You should not update scikit-learn version in Qiime2 since it can lead to unexpected consequences.
In you first error you got message:

So it is saying that in your Qiime2 installation version is 0.24.1, meanwhile classifier was trained with 0.19.1.

In the last comment error is different:

So now you have version 1.0.2 but classifier requires 0.24.1.
You need to downgrade scikit version to 0.24.1 or reinstall Qiime2.

1 Like

I will work on downgrading scikit version. Thank you. I will update here if this works.

Thank you this approach worked. I uninstalled scikit version 1.0.2 and reinstalled 0.24.1.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.