Failed to import manifest and error was: no format Phred33V2

Hello!
I am just starting to learn the QIIME2 official tutorial -- Parkinison's Mouse Tutorial, with qiime2-2018.11 in Ubuntu and Oracle VM Virtualbox.

I have a problem importing the manifest file (demultiplexed data, downloaded in "https://data.qiime2.org/2021.8/tutorials/pd-mice/manifest").

Run the code shown in the tutorial:
qiime tools import
--type "SampleData[SequencesWithQuality]"
--input-format SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2
--input-path ./manifest.tsv
--output-path ./demux_seqs.qza

The error is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2018.11/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/util.py", line 91, in parse_format
format_record = pm.formats[format_str]
KeyError: 'SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2018.11/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/tools.py", line 140, in import_data
view_type=input_format)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2018.11/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/result.py", line 206, in import_data
view_type = qiime2.sdk.parse_format(view_type)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2018.11/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/util.py", line 93, in parse_format
raise TypeError("No format: %s" % format_str)
TypeError: No format: SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2

An unexpected error has occurred:

No format: SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2

See above for debug info.

I don't understand what the problem is. Maybe the version of QIIME2 I'm using is too old to support the Phred33V2 format?

I have searched the Qiime2 forum topics, but I did not find the answer.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi @YoungOG,

The reason is that the format you are using was introduced in a version of QIIME2 more recent than the one you using. Please not that the tutorial is focused only on the most recent version of QIIME.
So, if you can install the latest version the command should work!

Cheers
Luca

1 Like

Thank you for your kindness!
I would try to update the version.
Best wishes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.