Error when trying to Install QIIME2 2019.4 on Mac

install
(Carrie Ewing) #1

Hello. I am trying to install QIIME2 2019.4 natively using conda on a Mac running on macOS Mojave version 10.14.4. Every time I try to install QIIME2 I receive the following error message when trying to create a new environment using these commands
wget https://data.qiime2.org/distro/core/qiime2-2019.4-py36-osx-conda.yml
conda env create -n qiime2-2019.4 --file qiime2-2019.4-py36-osx-conda.yml

I have searched the forum and tried several methods to try to fix the error but I am having no luck. How can I fix this error?

Thank you!

(Matthew Ryan Dillon) #2

Hello @Carrie!

Ah, looks like wget isn’t downloading the env file: the error message there is showing that your .yml file is actually just a web redirect message, rather than the env file. Did you install wget through conda, as suggested in the install guide? Either way, you could just download the file from your browser and go from there - keep us posted! :qiime2: :t_rex:

1 Like
(Carrie Ewing) #3

Hi Matthew,

Yes I did install the wget through conda as listed in the install guide.

When downloading the file from the browser, what format should I save it as? A text file?

Sorry, this is my first time using QIIME!

Thanks!

(Matthew Ryan Dillon) #4

Can you run the following command and report back the results?

which wget

Please save it as qiime2-2019.4-py36-osx-conda.yml.

No need to apologize! Welcome to the community! :qiime2: :t_rex:

(Carrie Ewing) #5

It looks like I downloaded the file incorrectly first but then when I kept trying to download it I didn’t realize it was saving as the file name with a 1,2,3,…12 after it! So I just had to change the code I was following on the installation page to a new file name with the correct number after it. Thank you!

2 Likes