Error when doing Dada2 denoise-paired analysis

Hello

I was doing DADA2 denoise-paired analysis. For some reasons, I keep getting errors. I was just wondering if anyone can help me figure what part of my analysis went wrong.
Here are my command and error message I got

Thanks for your help

Bowen

This is a memory issue. See this post

Good luck!

I see!

Thanks for your help I will try again with increased memory

Cheers
Bowen

2 Likes

Hello Nicolas

I tried to clear up my VM and managed to run this command again then I have a new problem and error code.

Looks like I may have accidentally deleted temp file tm8mda9abs. However, I tried to re-installed qiime2 and re-run the import part, but still getting this error. What should I do now.

Thanks for your help

Bowen

Another question is if I am trying to analysis a data that is paired-read, 3G size, how much memory am I expect to have in my VM to do the analysis, I already have 25G extra space but qiime still generated error 9 message. Also if error 1 and 9 both means not enough memory then what’s the difference between error 1 and error 9

Cheers
Bowen Zhang

yikes! We have not seen that error here before but it is definitely another memory-related error. It sounds like that occurs when the system needs so much memory that it just doesn't even want to get up an try :sleepy:

Clearing up the VM could have broken something.

You are running out of RAM, not disk space. It is difficult to predict exactly how much memory is needed, since it depends on many different factors (e.g., total size, number of unique sequences, length, etc).

Also see this issue — looks like other dada2 users (outside of QIIME2) have seen this issue in the past.

You may need to allocate more memory to your VM... if you are already maxed out you may need to move to a higher-power machine to get things done.

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.