Error in metadata.tsv

Afternoon.
I validated my metadata in keemai - checked over the file paths and spellings. Set command qiime taxa barplot \

--i-table table.qza
--i-taxonomy taxonomy.qza
--m-metadata-file metadata.tsv
--o-visualization taxa-bar-plots.qzv

and get this error
Plugin error from taxa:

Sample IDs found in the table are missing in the metadata: {'sample11'}.

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-pxofs7ku.log
I have checked everything concerning the metadata and sample 11 but still getting this message and don't understand the issue.
metadata.tsv (957 Bytes)

Hi @Rsimmonds! Thanks for sharing your metadata file, that makes things easier for us!

The error message is saying that it can not find a sample with the sample ID sample11 in your metadata file. I agree with the error message, I too cannot find a sample ID called sample11. What I do see in your metadata file is a sample called Sample11, but, that isn't the same as sample11, because the S is upper-case, rather than lower case. Using a font that clearly distinguishes lower-case s from upper-case S helps, too.

Sample IDs are matched exactly, and are case sensitive (Sample11 != sample11). If you want to learn more about the ins-and-outs of metadata, please check out this tutorial:

https://docs.qiime2.org/2019.10/tutorials/metadata/

In the meantime, update your metadata to say sample11 and you should be good to go :crossed_fingers:!

Keep us posted! :t_rex: :qiime2:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: alpha-group significance metadata requiring categorical data