Error in import data

qiime tools import --type EMPPariedEndSequences --input-path emp-paired-end-sequences/ --output-path emp-paired-end-sequences.qza
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/raw937/anaconda2/envs/qiime2-2018.8/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/util.py”, line 62, in parse_type
type_expr = eval(string, {‘builtins’: {}}, locals_)
File “”, line 1, in
NameError: name ‘EMPPariedEndSequences’ is not defined

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/raw937/anaconda2/envs/qiime2-2018.8/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/tools.py”, line 140, in import_data
view_type=input_format)
File “/home/raw937/anaconda2/envs/qiime2-2018.8/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/result.py”, line 182, in import_data
type_ = qiime2.sdk.parse_type(type_)
File “/home/raw937/anaconda2/envs/qiime2-2018.8/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/util.py”, line 82, in parse_type
" may be needed to define it." % name)
qiime2.sdk.util.UnknownTypeError: Name ‘EMPPariedEndSequences’ is not a defined QIIME type, a plugin may be needed to define it.

An unexpected error has occurred:

Name ‘EMPPariedEndSequences’ is not a defined QIIME type, a plugin may be needed to define it.

See above for debug info.

Any thoughts???

1 Like

Hey @raw937,

I suspect this is kind of related to your other question (in that I don’t think this is the right format, but the error is worth it’s own topic).

There is a typo in the name: you have Paried instead of Paired.

But, I think given your other question, this is probably the wrong type. See you in the other thread!

1 Like

Hmm. that was the problem. Thank you. rookie mistake. what are the types defined by qiime2?

1 Like

You can use:

qiime tools import --show-importable-types

to get a full list.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.