Error in converting fastq files to qza files

Hello,
I was trying to convert fastq files into qiime2 artifacts and got the following error.
(qiime2-2018.6) [qiime2@localhost ~]$ qiime tools import --input-path /home/qiime2/rice_beer2/ --output-path demux-paired-end.qza --type ‘SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]’
There was a problem importing /home/qiime2/rice_beer2/:

Missing one or more files for SingleLanePerSamplePairedEndFastqDirFmt: ‘.+_.+_L[0-9][0-9][0-9]_R[12]_001\.fastq\.gz’

What might be the possible error? How do I solve this.

Hello Santanu,

I think this is our primary clue:

Missing one or more files for

This plugin is looking for files in the directory you listed, that match your file name, and it's not finding the files well. Maybe one of the R1 files is missing it's R2 file, or maybe your files are r1 and r2 and Qiime is looking for R1 and R2 (capitalization matters for file names).

Take a look inside that folder, and see if you can spot the issue. You can post a few of the file names so we can take a look and see if they should work.

Colin

P.S. rice_beer2 sounds good! :rice: :beer: :two:

3 Likes

Thank you Colin. There was a problem in my file name. I could solve the issue by modifying the file names.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.