error creating taxonomy.qza when importing a boom table

Hello qiime2 developers

I am trying to import an otu table created in qiime1 ( it might be from version 1.8 or older) with 18s data ( taxonomy was assigned with silva).

importing th feature table did not give me any error:
qiime tools import
--input-path otu_table_json.biom
--type 'FeatureTable[Frequency]'
--input-format BIOMV100Format
--output-path feature-table.qza

But i have a problem when i do it for the taxonomy:

qiime tools import \

--input-path otu_table_json.biom
--output-path taxonomy.qza
--input-format BIOMV100Format
--type "FeatureData[Taxonomy]"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/iratxezarra/.miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.10/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2cli/builtin/tools.py", line 158, in import_data
view_type=input_format)
File "/home/iratxezarra/.miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.10/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/result.py", line 241, in import_data
validate_level='max')
File "/home/iratxezarra/.miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.10/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/result.py", line 266, in _from_view
recorder=recorder)
File "/home/iratxezarra/.miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.10/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/core/transform.py", line 59, in make_transformation
(self._view_type, other._view_type))
Exception: No transformation from <class 'q2_types.feature_table._format.BIOMV100Format'> to <class 'qiime2.plugin.model.directory_format.TSVTaxonomyDirectoryFormat'>

An unexpected error has occurred:

No transformation from <class 'q2_types.feature_table._format.BIOMV100Format'> to <class 'qiime2.plugin.model.dotu_table_json.biom (244.9 KB) irectory_format.TSVTaxonomyDirectoryFormat'>

Could you help me figure out what the problem might be? (here i imported the otu table i am using, hopefully you could see right away is something is off in my biom!!

Thank you so so much for the help and the hard work you do

Cheers

Welcome to the forum @Iratxezarra!

The issue is that QIIME 2 cannot import the taxonomy annotations from a biom v.1.0 table. It can from a v.2.1.0 table, so if you first convert to an hdf5 biom table you should be able to import using that command (but changing the input-format of course).

Let us know if that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.