ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(502): An error occurred while installing package 'bioconda::bioconductor-genomeinfodbdata-1.0.0-r3.4.1_1'

Hi QIIME2 support team,

I am trying to install qiime2-2018.4 on my mac laptop.

MacBook Pro|
| Model Identifier:|MacBookPro11,3|
| Processor Name:|Intel Core i7|
| Processor Speed:|2.5 GHz|
| Number of Processors:|1|
| Total Number of Cores:|4|

Here are the commands:
conda update conda
I have conda 4.5.4

conda install wget
wget https://data.qiime2.org/distro/core/qiime2-2018.4-py35-osx-conda.yml
conda env create -n qiime2-2018.4 --file qiime2-2018.4-py35-osx-conda.yml

I get the following error:

Preparing transaction: done
Verifying transaction: done
Executing transaction: failed
ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(502): An error occurred while installing package ‘bioconda::bioconductor-genomeinfodbdata-1.0.0-r3.4.1_1’.
LinkError: post-link script failed for package bioconda::bioconductor-genomeinfodbdata-1.0.0-r3.4.1_1
running your command again with -v will provide additional information
location of failed script: /Users/pramod/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.4/bin/.bioconductor-genomeinfodbdata-post-link.sh
==> script messages <==

Attempting to roll back.

Rolling back transaction: done

LinkError: post-link script failed for package bioconda::bioconductor-genomeinfodbdata-1.0.0-r3.4.1_1
location of failed script: /Users/pramod/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2018.4/bin/.bioconductor-genomeinfodbdata-post-link.sh
==> script messages <==

Please suggest!

Hi @Pramod,
See this post, which provides a fix for an identical error:

In brief, a network error during installation can cause the process to crash and report that error. You just need to delete that installation, use conda clean -y --all, and then reinstall.

I hope that helps!

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the suggestions.
I tried to use conda clean -y --all, and reinstall, many times, but still the same error shows up.

Executing transaction: failed
ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(502): An error occurred while installing package ‘bioconda::bioconductor-genomeinfodbdata-1.0.0-r3.4.1_1’.
==> script messages <==

Attempting to roll back.

Rolling back transaction: done

==> script messages <==

and when I tried to install on server using linux based installation I get the following error:

conda env create -n qiime2-2018.4 --file qiime2-2018.4-py35-osx-conda.yml
Solving environment: failed

ResolvePackageNotFound:

• appnope=0.1.0
  • libgfortran=3.0.1

Read to the end of the forum thread that I linked to — it sounds like that user needed to uninstall and re-install conda to get things working. Sounds like you may need the same action.

You are using the wrong environment file (qiime2-2018.4-py35-osx-conda.yml) — that is for a mac os installation. The installation instructions link to a separate file for linux installation. Please use that file instead.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.