diversity error

Hi
I have generated core-metrics o/p, but i when i moved to alpha and beta diversity analysis, I get this error:
Metadata does not contain any columns that satisfy this visualizer’s requirements. There must be at least one metadata column that contains categorical data, isn’t empty, doesn’t consist of unique values, and doesn’t consist of exactly one value. Debug info has been saved to /var/folders/ll/_2
command used:

qiime diversity core-metrics-phylogenetic
--i-phylogeny rooted-tree.qza
--i-table table.qza
--p-sampling-depth 288
--m-metadata-file me1.txt
--output-dir core-metrics-results

in the previous forum, I read the comments and tried optimizing with different values, but none of them worked. I have attached my faith_pd_vector. qzv and the metadata file. Please help me!
faith_pd_vector.qzv (1.2 MB) me1.txt (256 Bytes)

Hi!
The error is self explanatory. You need a categorical column in metadata file which is not unique. All you have in your metadata file - sample ids and a numerical column. If you will edit your metadata file by turning group names to categorical data instead of numbers (for example: group_1, group_2), it should work.

3 Likes

Hi @Vishnu_Vijai_Vijayak,

@timanix is exactly right! you might also look at the metadata tutorial for other ways to format.

Best,
Justine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.