Determine --p-trim-length for merged pair-end reads and remove low quality score samples

Cordial greeting. I have demultiplexed merged pair-end reads, it means I have only one fastq file for each sample (I got them like that from the sequencing center).

Then I got the output visualization file and I obtained next figure into qiime2 visualization page.
I will use Deblur denoise for my samples (as they are merged reads).

I have two questions

1. how determine the --p-trim-length parameter from the next figure, it should be 340? (same length for all samples),

2. how can I trim those samples between 150 and 200 sequence base (x axis in the figure) which have a quality score below 25?

Thakns a lot !!

Hi @amaria.gallego,

I would trim your reads to a consistent length, even if its past where you. have the low quality sequences (Have you checked your full read lengths? That may be a better guide than quality!)

Quality filtering and denosing should help take care of the low quality reads for you, so I would not worry about trimming. However, it’s worth checking the demultiplexing summary after quality filtering and the denosing stats to see where you’re losing reads.

Best,
Justine

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.