DADA2 Return Code -11 Error when running metagenomic sequences

Hi all!

I'm trying to process metagenomic sequences derived from ENA human gut metagenome with qiime2 in order to best compare them with my own 16S amplicon data.

The following error message occurs:

An error was encountered while running DADA2 in R (return code -11), please inspect stdout and stderr to learn more.

So,I went to the forum to search for possible solutions, someone said 'q2-dada2 is not designed to handle shotgun data' and i should use either 'q2-shogun' or 'q2-metaphlan2' for metagenomic analyze.

But I found that others have offered another solution. In short, it is to increase the 'operating memory'.

Here is my question:Can i use qiime for metagenomic data analysis and How should I do?

Here is my error log.
R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22)
Loading required package: Rcpp
DADA2: 1.18.0 / Rcpp: 1.0.5 / RcppParallel: 5.0.2

1. Filtering ...................................
  2. Learning Error Rates
    7320948624 total bases in 50839921 reads from 1 samples will be used for learning the error rates.

*** caught segfault ***
address 0x2b7d68af7000, cause 'memory not mapped'

Hi @Rainjie,

I think you're looking at two issues. The post you linked is correct: DADA2 is not designed for metagenomic data and is not the correct tool. The plugins you linked are more appropriate for processing metagenomic sequences.

Best,
Justine

Many thanks! I will try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.