dada2 error: there is no package called ‘GenomeInfoDbData’

Dear Support team,
I am trying to get the DADA2 table for the Moving Pictures” tutorial using the same provided commands and pipeline.

qiime dada2 denoise-single \

--i-demultiplexed-seqs demux.qza
--p-trim-left 0
--p-trunc-len 120
--o-representative-sequences rep-seqs-dada2.qza
--o-table table-dada2.qza
--o-denoising-stats stats-dada2.qza

I've been trying so many times, the always I get this message!

Plugin error from dada2:

An error was encountered while running DADA2 in R (return code 1), please inspect stdout and stderr to learn more.

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-xq59ai0h.log

Also, here is the head of Plugin error from dada2:

An error was encountered while running DADA2 in R (return code 1), please inspect stdout and stderr to learn more.

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-xq59ai0h.log

Running external command line application(s). This may print messages to stdout and/or stderr.
The command(s) being run are below. These commands cannot be manually re-run as they will depend on temporary files that no longer exist.

Command: run_dada_single.R /tmp/qiime2-archive-p3m80pki/3fa671a8-dc38-4146-869e-cae4eb0a593c/data /tmp/tmpn2_umvjc/output.tsv.biom /tmp/tmpn2_umvjc/track.tsv /tmp/tmpn2_umvjc 120 0 2.0 2 Inf consensus 1.0 1 1000000 NULL 16

R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02) 
Loading required package: Rcpp
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘dada2’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 there is no package called ‘GenomeInfoDbData’
Execution halted

Can you please help in this? Thanks!

Hi @sam,
Welcome to the forum!
This type of error usually pops up when Qiime2 was not installed properly and a re-install ‘should’ fix this… usually.
If it doesn’t can you also tell us how exactly you’ve installed Qiime2 (using Virtual Box, Native install…)? Which version of Qiime 2, and on what type of system (Linux, PC, Mac, etc).
Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.