Dada2 error running

Hi all. A newbie in bioinformatic field here. I am facing a problem when I was trying to run Dada2 with my samples. I received error code below and i dont understand what it means:

(qiime2-2019.7) [email protected]:~/Desktop$ qiime dada2 denoise-single --i-demultiplexed-seqs single-end-reads.qza --p-trunc-len 300 --p-trim-left 0 --p-n-reads-learn 500 --output-dir dada-output --verbose > dada-stats
Loading required package: Rcpp
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2_dada2/_denoise.py”, line 154, in _denoise_single
run_commands([cmd])
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2_dada2/_denoise.py”, line 36, in run_commands
subprocess.run(cmd, check=True)
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py”, line 418, in run
output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘run_dada_single.R’, ‘/tmp/qiime2-archive-byceh899/7408ed00-290c-4026-aa01-4f9bcf0fd52a/data’, ‘/tmp/tmpopeoln55/output.tsv.biom’, ‘/tmp/tmpopeoln55/track.tsv’, ‘/tmp/tmpopeoln55’, ‘300’, ‘0’, ‘2.0’, ‘2’, ‘Inf’, ‘consensus’, ‘1.0’, ‘1’, ‘500’, ‘NULL’, ‘16’]’ died with <Signals.SIGKILL: 9>.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 327, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File “</home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/decorator.py:decorator-gen-457>”, line 2, in denoise_single
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 240, in bound_callable
output_types, provenance)
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 383, in callable_executor
output_views = self._callable(**view_args)
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2_dada2/_denoise.py”, line 189, in denoise_single
band_size=‘16’)
File “/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2019.7/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2_dada2/_denoise.py”, line 165, in _denoise_single
" and stderr to learn more." % e.returncode)
Exception: An error was encountered while running DADA2 in R (return code -9), please inspect stdout and stderr to learn more.

Plugin error from dada2:

An error was encountered while running DADA2 in R (return code -9), please inspect stdout and stderr to learn more.

My samples are 16s rDNA extracted from plant.
I really need to know which steps gone wrong.
Thank you.

Welcome to the Qiime 2 forums! :qiime2:

Let’s see if I can help answer your question.

Thanks for posting your full command and error code. That’s really helpful. :+1:

As you have identified, you got a -9 error when running dada2. The -9 error means that the process was ‘killed’ or canceled by something on the linux system.

A job could be canceled because it was running too long, or using too much RAM / memory, or was canceled by another user.

Can you tell me more about the computer you are using to run Qiime 2? Is it a laptop or a server / supercomputer? :computer: :desktop_computer:
How much RAM / memory does your computer have, and how large is your single-end-reads.qza file?

Colin

P.S. I noticed this:

--p-n-reads-learn 500

That’s a great number of reads to use for testing, but when you are ready to analysis data for publication, make that number bigger!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.