conversion from fastq.gz format to qiime artifact format

Hello everyone,
I have tried to convert my data in fastq.gz format into qiime artifact but I got an error message as shown below.
my sequence data are demultiplexed sequence data with quality.
which format should I suppose to use.
(qiime2-amplicon-2023.9) yohana@Amos1234:~/yohana_tutorial/soil_sequence_data$ ls
SRR13366559_1.fastq.gz SRR13366559_2.fastq.gz
(qiime2-amplicon-2023.9) yohana@Amos1234:~/yohana_tutorial/soil_sequence_data$ cd ..
(qiime2-amplicon-2023.9) yohana@Amos1234:~/yohana_tutorial$ qiime tools import --type 'SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]' --input-path soil_sequence_data --input-format CasavaOneEightSingleLanePerSampleDirFmt --output-path soil_sequence.qza
There was a problem importing soil_sequence_data:
*** Missing one or more files for CasavaOneEightSingleLanePerSampleDirFmt: '.+_.+_L[0-9][0-9][0-9]_R[12]_001\.fastq\.gz'***

(qiime2-amplicon-2023.9) yohana@Amos1234:~/yohana_tutorial$

Hello,
I believe the issue is that the fastq.gz files are named incorrectly to use the Casava format, you can either rename them according to what the format is expecting: Importing data — QIIME 2 2023.9.1 documentation or use the manifest format (same link just a bit lower down the page).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.