conda install error with qiime2-2019.1

install
conda
(Jai Ram Rideout) #1

I’m getting the following UnsatisfiableError from conda when attempting a native installation of qiime2-2019.1. I ran conda clean -y --all and conda update conda but it didn’t fix the issue. I have conda 4.6.14 installed on macOS, and have also seen the issue on Linux.

Does anyone have ideas on how to work around these package conflicts? I realize there’s a new qiime2 release but my analyses require q2-picrust2, which hasn’t been released for 2019.4 yet, so I was hoping to stick with 2019.1 for now. Thanks for your help!

$ conda env create -n qiime2-2019.1 --file qiime2-2019.1-py36-osx-conda.yml
Collecting package metadata: done
Solving environment: failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
  - bioconductor-summarizedexperiment=1.8.0
  - r-pillar=1.3.0
Use "conda search <package> --info" to see the dependencies for each package.
1 Like
(Matthew Ryan Dillon) #2

Hey @jairideout! conda-forge moved that r-pillar package over to another label on their channel — you can add the label to your env file to (hopefully) get things moving again - keep us posted.

1 Like
(Jai Ram Rideout) #3

Thanks for the quick reply @thermokarst! I tried adding that label to the environment file, and now I’m getting a different error:

$ conda env create -n qiime2-2019.1 --file qiime2-2019.1-py36-osx-conda.yml
Collecting package metadata: done
Solving environment: failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
  - bioconductor-genomeinfodb=1.14.0
  - r-tibble=1.4.2
Use "conda search <package> --info" to see the dependencies for each package.

Any ideas?

(Matthew Ryan Dillon) #4

Ah yikes, that is a bummer. Any chance you can use a VBox or docker VM? The advantage there is the environment has already been resolved (and frozen), but, the disadvantage is it would be a platform change for you.

1 Like
(Jai Ram Rideout) #5

Thanks for these workarounds! I just saw @gmdouglas released q2-picrust2 2019.4 last night; I upgraded to 2019.4 and things are working again :tada:

2 Likes