Choosing trim-left for DADA2

Good Evening Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and are healthy and safe. I am very new to qiime2 and am attempting to analyze my data for the first time without a tutorial.

I am currently on the step in that I am trying to denoise my data (which is paired end sequences) using qiime dada2 denoise-paired. At this time I am trying to select my trim-left-r and trim-left-f values however I am having a little trouble in selecting them.

As a result, if someone could please help me in selecting these two values (trim-left-r and trim-left-f values) it would be greatly appreciated. I initially thought to select 6 for each however upon thinking I notice that the black bars start at 120 for reverse and ~96 for the forward. Therefore which one should i select?

Thank you very much and I hope everyone has a wonderful night

Hi @CalvinCornell,
This topic has been extensively covered on this forum, it is one of the most common questions we see around here. Could you please have a read through some previous posts first and then revisit this post if you have any unanswered questions. Thanks!

You could try searching the forum with some basic keywords like: dada2, trimming, and parameters for example:

https://forum.qiime2.org/search?q=dada2%20%20trimming%20parameters

Hello @Mehrbod_Estaki

I am very sorry for the long delay but thank you so very much for your help and for pointing me in the right direction and how to search within the forum for the answer to my question.

Hence thank you very much it is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.