Cannot upload my file into qiime 2

I have a problem uploading my file on qiime 2. I am very new and i don’t know were to find which type of code after the qiime import should input. Where can you find that? Ive cheched all the tutorials and i cannot find an answer. Moreover, if it is a manifest, it doesn’t say detailed how to do it.
Thanks in advance! :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Hi @Alejandra_Szabo,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum!

The way to import your data into QIIME 2 depends on your data!
How many files do you have and what kind of files do you have?

Best,
Justine

1 Like

Hi Justine, thanks for answering!
I have a file called: R_2019_11_13_19_51_37_user_SN2-93-Etchebehere_Vaz_AlejandraLatu_16S_Arquea_13_11_2019.fastq from quich I cannot even open on qiime2. I put the command head, and it doesnt even open it says it doesnt exist the file or the directory. So I tried with the EMPSingleEndPair Sequences and didnt work, also with EMPPairedSequences and no results. But I am going blind.
Do you have any idea why? It is so tricky! Thank you very much for answering.

Hi @Alejandra_Szabo,

Hmm… so, you have a single file but presumably multiple samples?

This is the point at which it might be time to :phone: a friend. Have you checked with your sequencing center about how they pre-processed the reads once they came off the sequencer? What was the make/model/sequencing chemistry?

Best,
Justine

Thanks Justine for the answer! Finally it was ion torrent and with fastq manifest i managed to import to q2, now I have issues trying to demux and trimming since they have barcodes, primers in it. And I dont know how to do it.
I have tried the cutadapt but so far, only errors. Im using the 2020.2 vesion maybe is sth with that. I don’t know!
Thanks again!!!

Glad that worked @Alejandra_Szabo! It looks like you opened a separate topic for your follow-up question (thank you! :smile: ) so I will unqueue this topic, just linking here for anyone else reading this topic:

1 Like

Perfect!! Thanks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.