Can`t use tab to complete my command after "source tab-qiime"

Hello,everyone!

After installing qiime2 by anaconda, “qiime --help” works well.
But after “source tab-qiime”, I can`t successfully auto complete command by using tab…

Hi @omomo,
Can you please clarify your question? Are you saying that you are still unable to tab complete (as the title suggests)? Or that you are unable to tab-complete until you source tab-qiime, as the body suggests? Or something else?

What shell are you using? (echo $01)
What exactly are you trying to do, and what isn’t working?

Best,
Chris :panda_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!!!
And sorry for the mistake in the body of my question.
I am unable to tab-complete after source tab-qiime...even though add "source tab-qiime" to my ./.bashrc.
Other functions of qiime work well only except for tab.

1 Like

Hi @omomo, thanks for the follow-up information. @ChrisKeefe is out of the office today, I'll jump in while he is gone.

Have you reloaded your shell? If you haven't run the source tab-qiime command in addition to adding it to your .bashrc, you'll either need to reload your shell with source ~/.bashrc or, just manually activate source tab-qiime by running the command on its own.

If you're still having problems, please provide the following information:

• What version of QIIME 2 are you using?
  • Please provide the command or commands you are running, in whole. Copy and paste please.
  • Please provide any errors you might be seeing (this might be harder with the tab-completion, but if there is anything being written to your terminal, please share it). Copy and paste please.

:qiime2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.