BLAST in rep-seqs.qzv

Hello!

I am trying to BLAST some rep-seqs that I would like to further taxonomically classifier. I know that when I click on a rep-seq in the .qzv file, that it brings me to a page to BLAST that specific sequence, but what if I need to BLAST multiple sequences at a time? Is there a way a way to BLAST multiple rep-seqs?

Thanks for any and all assistance!

Hi @KatelynWeeks,
The links to NCBI BLAST in the summary visualization are really not intended for bulk classification.

If you want to BLAST multiple sequences, I recommend that you use the BLAST consensus classifier in q2-feature-classifier. Any reference can be used, including the references available in NCBI (if you download and format them correctly). The consensus classification can be disabled by setting max-accepts to 1, that’s really what you want.

The other option is to export your sequences to fasta and upload them all to NCBI-BLAST… presumably you just want to BLAST a subset of interesting reads if that’s the case, so you may want to filter first in the interest of time.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.