ANCOM detail difference between 2018.8 and 2019.10

I have found a difference in the ancom results view between 2018.8 and 2019.10 versions of qzv files.
On docs.qiime2.org there are two visualizations of ancom analyses.
QIIME 2 View
QIIME 2 View

The display behaviour should be the same (both are differential abundance test at a specific taxonomic level), but only in the 2018.8 version, the taxonomic information is shown in the mouse-over action. See the following details of the two tutorial files

grafik
grafik

Is the display of taxonomic information no longer available in 2019.10 (applies also to 2019.7)?

Best regards

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @arwqiime. This is a bug, and a fix has been submitted for inclusion in the next release of QIIME 2.

A workaround right now is to open the viz, and click "Open in Vega Editor":

Then, once the next page has loaded, search for the word "index":

Then, replace "index" with "id":

Now the IDs should show up:

Keep us posted!

4 Likes

Thank you for the workaround. Do you have a date when the next release will be published?

January 31, 2020 :partying_face:

Hi @Nicholas_Bokulich, we are preparing data for a mansucript and I am wondering, if the next release with the bug fix in ancom is already close-to-be-released?
Best regards!

Hi @arwqiime, please see the 2020.2 changelog for dates and other information related to the upcoming release. Thanks!

Hi @thermokarst, thank you for the link to the changelog post. I could not find the ancom bug fix in the details, but I hope, it will be included.