Alpha rarefaction (Genus level) issue

Hi

I have a problem while analyzing alpha rarefaction.
I tried to extract the alpha rarefaction plot based on the phylogenetic tree.

Analysis process is as follows.
First, I made a table for the genus level.

command : qiime taxa collapse --i-table table.qza --i-taxonomy taxonomy.qza --p-level 6 --o-collapsed-table table-collapsed-L6.qza

Second was to input pylogenetic tree and the table from which the genus level was extracted.

Command: qiime diversity alpha-rarefaction --i-table table-collapsed-L6.qza --i-phylogeny rooted-tree.qza --p-max-depth 74250 --m-metadata-file sample-metadata.tsv --p-metrics observed_otus --p-metrics shannon --p-metrics faith_pd --p-metrics pielou_e --o-visualization alpha-rarefaction.qzv

The following error occurred
Error: Plugin error from diversity:
All feature_ids must be present as tip names in phylogeny. feature_ids not corresponding to tip names (n=17):
D_0__Bacteria;D_1__Actinobacteria;D_2__Actinobacteria;D_3__Micrococcales;D_4__Brevibacteriaceae;D_5__Brevibacterium
D_0__Bacteria;D_1__Actinobacteria;D_2__Acidimicrobiia;D_3__uncultured;;
D_0__Bacteria;D_1__Actinobacteria;D_2__Actinobacteria;D_3__Micrococcales;D_4__Micrococcaceae;__
D_0__Bacteria;D_1__Bacteroidetes;D_2__Bacteroidia;D_3__Bacteroidales;D_4__Prevotellaceae;D_5__Prevotella 6
D_0__Bacteria;D_1__Actinobacteria;D_2__Actinobacteria;D_3__Micrococcales;D_4__Dermacoccaceae;D_5__Dermacoccus
D_0__Bacteria;D_1__Actinobacteria;D_2__Actinobacteria;D_3__Micrococcales;D_4__Micrococcaceae;D_5__Micrococcus
D_0__Bacteria;D_1__Actinobacteria;D_2__Actinobacteria;D_3__Micrococcales;D_4__Dermacoccaceae;D_5__Kytococcus ...

How do I fix this error?
Or is there any other way to draw a specific taxon level's rarefaction plot?

Attached is table.qza, taxonomy.qza, table-collapsed-L6.qza, rooted-tree.qza.
rooted-tree.qza (222.6 KB) table.qza (209.0 KB) table-collapsed-L6.qza (102.5 KB) taxonomy.qza (296.7 KB)

I'd appreciate your help.

Hi @Gyusik_Hwang,

The names of the tips of the phylogenetic tree must match the names of the features in your table. Because your table was collapsed to genus, the table names and the tree names no longer match. If you’d like to use the genus table, you can use non-phylogenetic metrics. If you want phylogeny, you need to use the uncollapsed data.

Best,
Justine

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.